The account director plays a pivotal role within Right Source Marketing. We are looking for a people-oriented, seasoned marketer who possesses the right skillset to provide exceptional services and value to our clients.
As an account director, your primary responsibility is to become a trusted advisor to your clients, managing marketing strategy and tactical execution. You will be leading a team of marketing professionals to achieve client marketing goals and objectives.
Your secondary responsibility is to protect and grow company revenue by consistently and proactively demonstrating value to clients.
A successful account director will master the following six responsibility areas:
- Help lead client engagements, including management of the client relationship, the development of strategic marketing plans, and the execution of those plans.
- Serve as a team leader, responsible for managing, allocating, and motivating his/her team to ensure the delivery of remarkable work.
- Work cohesively with other areas of the company to create remarkable marketing and content deliverables for clients.
- Play the role of trusted advisor to each assigned client, making himself/herself an irreplaceable piece of the client’s business.
- Manage the financial side of each client engagement, ensuring that work is delivered in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Grow the client business by proactively identifying new business opportunities inside each client engagement.
This position will be based in our Reston, VA office.
Required Skills, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Minimum 7-10 years marketing experience, in areas such as:
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing and sales operations
- Content marketing
- Web design and development
- Search engine marketing
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Experience in an agency or consultancy environment
- Ability to develop strong, trusted relationships with clients
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to gather, document and prioritize client and company needs
- Experience managing marketing teams
- A clear understanding of what it means to be a modern marketer, and a thirst for staying up to date on the ever-changing marketing landscape
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in or with B2B-focused companies
- Familiarity with popular marketing software applications, such as:
- Marketing automation platforms
- CRM systems
- Email service providers
- Web analytics
- Content management systems
- Experience interacting with C-level decision makers
Send an email to email@example.com – include cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and “Account Director” in the subject line. Please read the entire job description and review our website and blog before submitting. The best candidates will find an appropriate way to capture our attention — don’t blast a resume or portfolio without showing that you did your research and understand what we’re looking for.