About the position:
Are you a content creator looking to expand your skills with challenging, complex subjects and a broad variety of content formats? If so, read on.
Our client, a national healthcare provider, is looking for a talented content creator to join their in-house team to write all kinds of content, from ghostwritten articles for the CEO, to engaging website copy, to internal communications targeted at their more than 1,700 physicians.
You’ll be a fit for this job if:
- You’ve written about complex subjects like finance or technology or healthcare.
- You have the skill to understand complicated subjects and pull out the most salient information, creating a story that your audience can’t put down.
- You can shift gears easily between writing styles and deliverables.
Our writer/editor will:
- Have strong, polished writing skills with a portfolio to prove it
- Be a generator of new ideas and a creative storyteller
- Create a variety of content formats including, but not limited to blog posts, articles, eBooks, videos, reports, case studies, testimonials, infographics, speeches, emails and web content
- Be comfortable and polished as an interviewer, with the ability to draw stories and anecdotes out of the interview subject
- Have a hunger to explore and research unfamiliar subjects
- Be able to operate autonomously but also as a team player
- Have experience with development of editorial governance so content is consistent with the client’s brand voice, style, and tone
- Possess killer copyediting and proofreading skills
How we envision the ideal candidate:
- You’re an experienced content creator/writer/editor with 2-5 years of writing/editing experience, ideally in complex or technical subject areas. You understand the difference between journalism and content marketing and have real experience in one or both.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, English, or a related field.
- You have proven writing and editing experience, preferably with complex or technical subjects.
- You are a grammar, syntax and punctuation expert.
- You are an experienced editor and fact-checker.
- You are very deadline driven.
- You have a base-level understanding of search engine optimization and keyword usage.
- You have some experience with social media properties and understand their role in content marketing.
- You’ve got a “chaos proof” personality and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re ambitious, creative, fanatically detail-oriented, and take pride in your work.
- You’ve got a great sense of humor.
This position is on-site in our client’s Rockville, Maryland office.
Please don’t respond if you are looking for a remote-only or freelance position.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – include cover letter, salary requirements, three varied writing samples (all work should be published, and content formats should be diverse), resume, and “Content Specialist” in the subject line.