Right Source is looking for a savvy marketing professional to help create and deploy content strategies that align with and accelerate our clients’ business objectives. The content strategist will help execute on those strategies, by integrating the resulting content with traditional marketing strategies and efforts.
In addition to strategy and content development, the content strategist manages freelance writers and external vendors, edits (and writes, if necessary) all content for his/her clients, identifies and works with industry influencers to brainstorm ideas and create content, optimizes content for search engines, and recommends appropriate channels to promote that content for clients.
This position will be based in our Reston, VA office.
Our content strategist will:
- Develop content strategy, customized for each client, based on objectives.
- Oversee and manage the tactical execution of all initiatives related to those strategies.
- Analyze user behavior and interactions with content and implement changes as appropriate.
- Hire, manage, and edit content from freelance writers.
- Write, edit, and rewrite content, as necessary.
- Interview and interact with subject matter experts.
- Create and target earned media articles.
- Integrate content programs with brand campaigns.
- Offer executive presentations for clients.
How we envision the ideal candidate:
You’re an accomplished marketer and strategist with 5-7 years of content marketing experience, at least 2-3 of which have been spent working as an editor for a trade publication, a professional services company or a corporate brand, in custom publications, or as a journalist. Digital marketing experience is desirable.
You also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, creative writing, or a related field.
- Proven experience managing the content creation processes and various types of content including web, print, digital, and video.
- A brand publisher mindset, overseeing the creation of content for clients and optimizing the path to conversion.
- A solid understanding of content marketing and its associated tactics and strategies.
- Editorial background including:
- Strong history of writing and editing for all content types (and a strong portfolio that shows it). Journalism or trade publication experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of SEO, content development, distribution, and measurement.
- Experience with development of editorial governance so content is consistent with the client’s brand voice, style, and tone.
- Experience with development of editorial calendar and organization workflows.
- Understanding of interactive content and its role in content marketing.
- Working understanding of paid and organic social best practices.
- Experience working with and/or managing freelance writers.
- Agency experience and/or experience managing client relationships.
- Research acumen.
- Killer copyediting skills.
- A “chaos proof” personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambition, creativity, and a fanatic love for details.
- A great sense of humor.
- B2B marketing and/or publishing experience.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org — include cover letter, salary requirements, resume, three varied writing samples, and “Content Strategist” in the subject line. Please read the entire job description and review our website and blog before submitting.
The best candidates will find an appropriate way to capture our attention — don’t send your resume without showing that you did your research and understand what we’re looking for.