Director of Content Strategy
Lead content and design teams | Create content strategies | Think outside the content marketing box | Guide clients
What this person does:
- Creates and promotes strategy — Knows how and why content strategy fits into the marketing landscape and what it needs to contain to drive results, both for Right Source and our clients.
- Innovates — Is intellectually curious, thinks outside the box in every way, from the smallest writing assignment to big-picture company growth.
- Manages and mentors —Knows the difference between the two and cares about the growth of others in the company.
- Educates/evangelizes — Is a thought leader with the experience and personality to engage clients and present with authority.
- Is an “Intrapreneur” — Questions the status quo and constantly looks for new opportunities to grow clients, the department, and our business.
- Knows the landscape, maximizes opportunities — This marketer and strategist has a true understanding of the role of content and design and how they fit into the larger landscape, and recommends the ideal channels to realize results.
- Create and oversee content strategy
- Develop/oversee strategic messaging for clients.
- Develop campaign and content strategy to achieve client business goals.
- Lead the development of original and repurposed content deliverables.
- Inspire action with storytelling.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and goals.
- Interpret metrics related to content performance and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Be on the cutting edge of what’s next in content creation, design, and marketing.
- Experiment with new forms of storytelling, production, and distribution in collaboration with other teams.
- Be an outside-the-box thinker, both where new tactics are concerned but also by looking at tried-and-true tactics in new ways.
- Push the envelope, push boundaries in terms of content and design formats, approaches, data opportunities, timing, distribution, etc.
- Continually look for new ways to improve our content solutions and offerings for clients.
- Be a model of outstanding communication skills.
- Manage creative services and its output
- Manage and mentor content strategists/specialists and ensure accountability.
- Source and manage freelancers as necessary; establish partnerships for outsourcing.
- Work across teams to create true collaboration.
- Create/oversee/uphold content and design standards.
- Guide and be responsible for the content and design strategy within client strategic plans, working to integrate recommendations into larger marketing strategy/planning.
- Manage your own set of clients and their deliverables.
- Oversee and mentor relationships that staff has with clients.
- Drive results
- Analyze process and propose new ways to be more efficient and profitable in the company’s content and design offerings.
- Work with staff and freelancers to create the content that clients need and understand how to optimize the path to conversion.
- Work as a trusted advisor to understand client’s unique business goals and partner on strategies and optimization efforts to deliver value to target audiences.
- Work with teams to grow client accounts and expand Right Source engagements.
- Analyze trends and improve performance based on the client’s KPIs.
What you’ll need.
- 10+ years creating content strategies and integrated campaigns (including B2B), preferably in agency or technology settings.
- A proven record both as a marketer and as a content creator and the ability to tell the story about how the two areas work together for success. (Have examples of success to go with the story).
- A creative writing/editing portfolio and the desire to find an opportunity where you can lead and grow a department and make your mark.
- You’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience developing and managing content creation processes and producing various types of content including web, print, digital, video, social media, and ideally, interactive.
- Fantastic writing and editing skills – samples required.
- Design management experience, including evaluating creative output as it pertains to marketing objectives.
- Experience creating social strategies and distributing content through multiple channels including paid and organic social media.
- The ability to guide ideas from strategy into successful execution.
- The ability to build relationship with clients up to the C-suite and the confidence and presence to command a room as a presenter.
- A fanatical eye for detail with a passion for creative.
This position will be based in our Reston, VA office.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a creative cover letter, salary requirements, resume, three varied writing samples, and “Director of Content Strategy” in the subject line. To be considered, please include all requested items.