SENIOR CONTENT STRATEGIST
Leader | Intrapreneur | Creative | Innovator
Right Source is looking for a savvy senior content strategist to join our team. You are an experienced digital marketing leader who will develop the strategy behind our clients’ content marketing efforts and then execute to make sure every piece of content helps clients drive business results. The senior content strategist is responsible for the success of our client’s digital marketing programs. They serve as the primary point of client contact and are skilled at building long-term relationships with clients.
The senior content strategist has the long-term vision of Right Source in mind, and is a decision-maker with management skills who is eager to develop and implement ideas and strategies for successful content-driven marketing engagements at our company.
He or she also collaborates closely with other RSM account team members, leadership, and manages a team of freelance writers, designers, and key partners to deliver remarkable content.
This position can be either remote or in our Reston, VA office.
- A leader: You aren’t waiting for someone to tell you what the next move is. You show both clients and colleagues that you are a thinker and a decision-maker.
- Intrapreneurial: You’re a self-starter with an ownership mentality about getting things done.
- Curious: You have a love of learning and the desire to be the one who finds the next cool thing in marketing keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in our industry.
- Creative: You don’t need to be asked to think outside of the box. A creative problem-solver, you’re not comfortable just doing things the way they’ve always been done.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and helping execute content marketing strategies/plans based on each client’s unique business model and desired outcomes to include all relevant print, social and digital channels
- Analyzing competitors to identify strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace
- Identifying target audiences; develop personas
- Managing/executing plans to attract qualified prospects to clients’ websites
- Leading editorial team meetings and guiding topic ideation for client content programs
- Developing/managing the content development workflow and schedules/editorial calendars for client content plans
- Copyediting all monthly thought leadership content on behalf of clients, in accordance with each client’s brand standards and within the parameters of their content strategy
- Optimizing all monthly website content for SEO, incorporating best practices for search engine indexability and keyword strategy
- Providing a meaningful analysis of client’s content marketing success using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other platforms particular to each client
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive social media and online strategies to build and nurture relationships with key audiences
- Estimating work effort and help clarifying deliverables
- Building and monitoring budgets, spending, and project revenue; explaining cost factors to clients
- Serving as the main point of contact for the client relationship, becoming a trusted advisor
What you’ll need:
Five to ten years of content marketing and/or content creation experience (healthcare and/or technology fields preferred). You have writing/editing experience, as well as demonstrated experience guiding strategy and execution on multi-channel content marketing engagements. Agency experience is a plus.
You’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, or a related field
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A love of the written word, as you serve as the primary editor for our clients’ work
- Experience managing and mentoring staff
- A solid understanding of content marketing and its associated tactics and strategies, and how to integrate content insights into those strategies
- Experience overseeing paid media and an understanding of paid and organic social best practices
- Experience with SEO/optimization platforms and overseeing optimization of content to improve client search rankings and SEO
- Experience with analytic and tracking tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console to assess and report metrics and suggest/implement strategies to improve performance
- Ambition, creativity, and a fanatic love for details.
At Right Source Marketing, we drive results and business growth for healthcare and technology clients by optimizing the entire content marketing lifecycle. We focus on developing and executing the most powerful content marketing strategy by creating, repurposing, and optimizing content, and then using the right channels to distribute that content to the right audiences.
Send an email to [email protected] — include cover letter, salary requirements, resume, three published writing samples, and “Content Strategist” in the subject line. Please read the entire job description and review our website and blog before submitting.
The best candidates will find an appropriate way to capture our attention — don’t send your resume without showing that you did your research and understand what we’re looking for.